Thursday, 15 May 2014

Home Post Office

Our home post office was a simple idea to support Mr Frog's writing skills. One day he just got obsessed with writing - lists, notes, instructions.... So I set up Home Post Office. What's better than writing the letters? (and I love these American style red letter boxes, so I decided to make one...). 

So here it is - little spot in our house, ANYONE can stop and write a letter or short message or leave a little gift for someone. Of course Mr Frog writes the most :)

I made a felt letter box and put it with some paper, envelopes and pencils on the table . It is perfect to encourage writing skills or set up Post Office role-play. (no sewing skills? don't worry! use a cardboard box and red paint!)

And Home Post Office is great to encourage kindness. Some days are so busy...we run to work and back, to school, do the homework and paperwork....and somewhere in that rush I see little flag on the letter box...there's something inside! Little letter for me or daddy who is working long hours. Or I leave short message for Mr Frog....without any reason. Little messages full of kindness - perfect for busy and tiring days :) 

"Mummy can you draw me some stamps?"...well, I'm not a graphic designer but we have our own stamps! ;)








2 comments:

  1. What a fun and cute idea! My son can't write yet, but I think he'd get such a kick out of 'writing' on a piece of paper (or sticking some stickers on it) and mailing it like this :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yuliya! I think all children love playing post office and mailing even if they don't write yet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...